When it comes to developing more luxurious hairstyles and beard designs, most stylists will reach for their liner clippers. Instead of using traditional clippers, these innovative devices give you the precision and control you need to make clear and clean trims.
However, with plenty of them on the market, it can be tough to find the best liner clippers. Fortunately, we’ve found three fantastic models to consider for both professional and at-home stylists.
Best Liner Clippers: A Closer Look
1. Andis 04603 Professional Outliner II
The Andis 04603 Professional Outliner II has a strikingly professional appearance. With its sleek yet comfortable design, you will have optimal control when working on your clients.
There are plenty of great features this liner clipper has to offer, including:
- Outlining and fading: These liner clippers aren’t designed for a single purpose. They help you to achieve plenty of fantastic styles, especially when it comes to both fading and outlining.
- Close-cutting blade: The blade featured in the Andis 04603 Professional Outliner II is designed to get close to the skin without irritation. You’ll find that it’s incredibly convenient to use for mustaches, necks, beards, and creating edges around the ears.
- Contoured body: To give you the highest level of control possible, the body of the clippers is specially contoured. You’ll be able to maintain your grip with ease without suffering from hand fatigue.
- High-speed motor: To clean up the sides of your haircut or to focus on the beard of clients, you’ll need a liner clipper with a high-quality motor. Its high-speed motor powers through all different types of hair with ease. You’ll also find that the motor helps the clippers to last far longer than other lower quality clippers, helping to preserve your investment.
- Helps to eliminate razor bumps
- Prevents ingrown hair
- Gives an incredibly close shave
- Not cordless or rechargeable
- Gets hot quickly
2. Ritter H & B.C. Professional Hair Clippers
The Ritter H & B.C. Professional Hair Clippers is a great kit that has almost everything you’ll need to use clippers professionally or at home. Designed similarly to other professional clippers, this model will give you everything you’d expect.
This product offers the following:
- High-carbon steel zero-blade: The blade in the Ritter H & B.C. Professional Hair Clippers is impressive since it is made out of high-carbon steel. This helps to achieve the optimal sharpness for powering through thick and thin hair. Additionally, it offers zero-gapping, which is ideal for getting the closest possible shave.
- Corded and cordless: You can choose to either use the clippers with or without the power cord, which is incredibly useful for on-the-go stylists. With the enhanced charging capabilities, you’ll be able to have a full battery in 65 minutes.
- Ergonomic design: You’ll appreciate the lightweight feel of these clippers, especially after hours of use. They also feature a slim design specifically meant to fit in the palm of your hand.
- Included accessories: There are a few accessories added to the hair clippers to give you plenty of trimming options. You will receive four blade guides, a cleaning brush, oil, AC/DC power adapter, and a USA-type socket adapter.
- Low-noise operation: When using the clippers, they are incredibly quiet, especially when compared to others on the market. This helps to create a more soothing environment in your salon or barbershop.
- Very lightweight
- Gives a close shave
- Low-noise operation
- Two power sources
- The blades aren’t replaceable
- Bulky with the adapter
3. Wahl Professional Detailer #8290
Wahl is one of the most well-known brands when it comes to stylist tools. No matter if you’re a professional or someone who cuts their hair at home, these liner clippers are quite useful. Designed for ease of use and with every customer in mind, they’re an incredibly convenient item to have on hand.
The things you would expect from the Wahl Professional Detailer #8290 are:
- T-blade: Instead of a traditional blade, this model features a T-blade. It is specifically designed to give you the control you need for finer details. Additionally, it offers impeccable performance in terms of sharpness and precision.
- Lightweight: Instead of using a heavy and bulky liner clipper, you’ll finally be able to use a lightweight unit that is easily maneuverable. No matter if you have a single client or if you’re working on multiple people, you won’t get fatigued as easily. Additionally, it makes the device far more ergonomic over the long-term.
- Specialty power cord: Unfortunately, the Wahl Professional Detailer #8290 isn’t cordless. However, similar to most other Wahl professional tools, it has an eight-foot cord that is chemical resistant.
- Non-overlapping blades: As another fantastic feature that is highly recommended for the most accurate cuts, you’ll want blades that don’t overlap. The T-blades in this clipper fit perfectly together so that you can make the cleanest cuts every time.
- Included accessories: Apart from the clipper itself, you’ll also receive plenty of accessories to get you started. Each package received comes with three cutting guides, a blade guard, oil, and a cleaning brush.
- Does not overheat
- Suitable for wet and dry shaves
- Gets incredibly close to the skin
- May require adjustments for thick hair
- Cleaning out hair is difficult
When it comes to choosing the best liner clippers, you need to find a device that will give you the convenience that you need. There’s nothing more stressful than finishing a beard or trimming the edges around the ears, especially if you don’t have a high-quality tool to rely on all the time.
We highly recommend the Wahl Professional Detailer #8290 as the single best clipper on this list since they take every type of stylist into account. It is recommended that they are used by a professional, but they are incredibly simple to navigate.
With the zero-gapped T-blades, you’ll be able to achieve a clean and precise cut every time. Additionally, it helps to limit the amount of irritation after shaving the face or the head. The main concern we had was cleaning the hair out of the blades, which was slightly more difficult than anticipated.
Nonetheless, with an incredibly long, chemical-resistant power cord and an ergonomic design, using the clipper is comfortable. You’ll find that even after holding it for a long time, the motor doesn’t get hot and your hands won’t get tired. The Wahl Professional Detailer #8290 is by far one of the best on the market.
Overall Best Hair Clippers of 2019
The hair clippers mentioned above are specific for liners. If you’re looking to purchase a more general functioning hair clippers then check out our review of the top 5 hair clippers of 2019.