There are three primary causes of unhealthy skin. and paying attention to these primary causes can help prevent more serious conditions which can lead to skin diseases.
Keep in mind that your skin is the largest organ in your body and the condition of your skin can be a telling guide to how healthy you are inside.
Good Skin is a Reflection of Your Inner Health
Take a moment to think about what might be causing skin problems you may have and how they might relate to any of the following:
What You’re Eating
A faulty diet that lacks adequate nutrition is concern for both skin health and the health of our entire body.
A faulty diet is usually related to foods such as refined white flour, sugar and the products made with them, including all foods that are highly processed and filled with non-food additives.
These are nutritionally deficient foods and they can cause unattractive skin, wrinkles and also premature aging of your skin.
You can easily reverse this by replacing these foods with a healthier diet and add a good multi-vitamin as an extra nutritional boost.
A weakened immune system could be at fault. A weak immune system will respond almost immediately to vitamin and mineral supplements and especially to specialized formulas that are designed to support and strengthen our immune systems.
Healthy Blood that keeps skin well-nourished and moist.
Inner health is reflected in skin that has a healthy color and glow and is not dry and rough.
Diet and nutrients certainly play an important role in skin care health because nutrition supports our immune system which supports all of our body organs including our skin. A nutritious diet that is backed up with dietary supplements supplies the protein, carbohydrates, essential fatty acids and essential vitamins and minerals our entire body needs.
This diet is based upon vegetables, fruits, whole grains, seeds and nuts, and modest amounts of meats and dairy products, and then reinforced with added nutritional supplements.
Some of the most beneficial nutrients for healthy skin are the B complex vitamins, as well as vitamins A and C. Once thought useless, we have finally learned that vitamin E is extremely important for skin tone and smoothness, and the prevention of premature skin wrinkles.
One of the most cost effective and dynamic ways to protect your skin’s health is simple brewer’s yeast.
Brewer’s yeast is loaded with B vitamins. Other nutritional deficiencies that can affect your skin include the lack of dietary iron, calcium, magnesium and even copper to name a few. A good quality multi-vitamin supplement is the best insurance against deficiencies that are often measured in micro-grams, but are known to affect health in major ways.
So, a good place to begin your natural skin care health is with a daily regimen that will include brewer’s yeast or you can choose a vitamin B complex supplement along with a highly nutritional multi-vitamin supplement.
Another nutrient that is extremely valuable to skin health along with heart and circulatory health is Vitamin E.
Interestingly, this group of nutrients goes far beyond skin health alone, because these are among the essential nutrients that support all major body systems. The use of added natural dietary nutrition in the form of nutritional supplements is always beneficial to our general health, and that inner health is then also reflected in healthier skin.
Cleansing the Skin
The subject of proper cleansing needs little explanation. Inadequate cleansing leaves behind dirt particles that clog sweat and sebaceous glands.
Clogged glands lead to skin disruptions which can easily become infected. Natural skin care products are particularly gentle as they clean, and often these products include healing herbs.
A great many skincare products are available to help us keep our skin clean and the glands that make up our skin free from the clogging that invites infection. Clogging and infections can invite a number of disorders such as pimples and other unhealthy skin conditions.
Natural skincare cleansers and natural lotions keep skin clean, smooth and healthy.
Outside Skin Health Stresses
Just as our bodies respond to the unhealthy aspects of stress in a negative manner, so does our skin.
Conditions that cause fatigue, worry and stress also have a negative effect on our skin. They can cause us to look and feel old and tired long before we should and they can certainly cause wrinkles to appear before they should.
Specific stress relief products and natural herbal remedies are available in easy-to-use supplement form to target stress, sleeplessness, worry and fatigue, all of which also affect the health of our skin.
This also includes natural remedies specifically formulated to address conditions like depression and even pain relief.
All of the above play an important role in our general health and the health of our skin as well.
Suggestions for Natural Skin Care Products
We believe that money invested in natural health care in general is an essential step in the direction of natural wellness and the prevention of illnesses that are often avoidable. Therefore, we are happy to provide you with the following list of the top-selling natural products that protect not only the health of your skin, but in truth go far beyond our skin concerns.
Take some time to browse these products online and the related product information.
- Our Foaming Body Cleanser is a no rinse, nourishing formula for use on face & body. Great for hiking, camping, backpacking, bedridden persons,or any...
- Great for use as a shower-free cleansing alternative that features mild cleaning agents to remove soils, perspiration, and dead skin.
- This body cleanser harnesses the power of aloe vera and many other essential vitamins to moisturize, repair, and protect chapped and dry skin for...
- Specifically designed for the 6.2-inch Nintendo Switch only, NOT for 7-inch Nintendo Switch OLED
- Ultra-clear High Definition with 99.9% transparency to allow an optimal, natural viewing experience
- Ultra thin-0.3mm thickness is reliable and resilient, and promises full compatibility with touchscreen sensitivity
- PROTECTS YOUR HAIR AND SKIN. Satin pillowcases are one of life's simple pleasures. They're silky soft against your skin, reducing facial creases and...
- COMFORTABLE AND DURABLE. Cool in the summer and warm in the winter, a satin pillowcase is a luxury to be enjoyed throughout the year. Our Satin Pillow...
- LOADS OF COLORS. We offer a fabulous selection of colors, from soft tones to bright tones of color, you're sure to find a satin pillowcase that...
- Bioavailable Collagen Peptides Powder: Sourced from grass-fed, pasture-raised bovine. Digested and absorbed by the body quickly for maximum benefits.
- Powerhouse Ingredients: Original Collagen Peptides plus Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin C helps improve the health of your hair, skin, nails, joints,...
- Easy To Use: Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides is easily digested and dissolves in cold or hot liquids, like coffee, tea and smoothies. One to two...
- 3-fluid ounce bottle of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Non-Greasy Sunscreen with SPF 100 that helps defend against the signs of sun and decrease the...
- This lightweight & sheer sunscreen is fast-absorbing with Dry-Touch technology for a non-greasy, matte finish and is formulated with Helioplex for...
- Packaging and formulation may vary. This sunscreen lotion helps prevent sunburn and when used as directed, may help decrease the risk of skin cancer...
- Multi-award winning sunscreen with advanced protection in a fast-absorbing, velvety texture that leaves skin hydrated and smooth. Broad Spectrum SPF...
- Water resistant (80 minutes)
- Formulated with Cell-Ox Shield technology: broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection with antioxidants. Formulated and rigorously tested for skin tolerance,...
- EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46 face sunscreen for oily skin contains 9.0% Zinc Oxide, Niacinamide and an antioxidant to promote healthy skin while blocking...
- Apply this face sunscreen for sensitive skin daily to help soothe sensitive skin types prone to acne, rosacea and hyperpigmentation
- EltaMD UV Clear oil free sunscreen protects against breakouts and is an essential acne sunscreen for those with acne prone skin care concerns
- ANTI AGING FACE SERUM - Vitamin C blends with Botanical Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin E, Witch Hazel, and Jojoba Oil in an anti aging, skin brightening...
- OUR CUSTOMERS KNOW BEST - Don't just take our word for it, see thousands of reviews from real Amazon customers rave about brighter, fresher looking...
- PLANT-BASED FORMULATION - No added synthetic colors, fragrances, parabens, phthalates, sulfates, PEGs, or GMOs. Our active botanicals combine in a...
- New look and label, same great product. Includes 1 (2.03 Lb) Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder, Creamy Chocolate Fudge
- 21 grams of organic plant based protein (pea, brown rice, chia seeds), 2 grams of organic dietary fiber, low net carbs, 0 grams of added sugar, 150...
- USDA organic, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, lactose free, low net carbs, no added sugar, soy free, kosher, Non GMO, carrageenan free, and no...
- Enriched with superior skin conditioners and antioxidants, this emollient balm soothes and relieves dry, chapped, irritated lips
- UVA and UVB absorbers- Avobenzone(Parsol 1789) and Octinoxate - screen harmful UV rays; Natural mint helps freshen breath
- Shea butter and avocado oil soften and condition lips
It is always important to remember that the state of your health and wellness is primarily up to you, and that includes the health of your body’s largest organ, your skin.
Beautiful and healthy skin is the result, not of drugs and harsh treatment, but of the gentle caring of your skin with the natural choices and quality natural products.
Last update on 2022-05-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API