Panasonic have, for a long time, been a respectable name in the digital appliances world. They are best known for their range of televisions, DVD and Blu-ray players, microwaves, fridges, etc. However, they have also turned their hand to the shaver world – with startling results.
As we found in our Panasonic Arc4 Review, their shavers are simply laden with features, and they have openly declared war on higher-end products with their well-priced shavers that shine as brightly as more expensive ones.
After looking very favorably at the Arc3, we need to find out whether the Panasonic Arc4 is worth paying a little more for…
Let’s see the feature box first
- The award-winning Panasonic Arc4 Multi-Flex ES-LA93-K men's electric razor is the 4-blade, dual-motor shaving system with precision-honed 30° angle...
- Top-rated electric shaver with a fast, powerful Hyper Performance Dual Motor features a Panasonic linear drive that delivers 14,000 cuts her minute -...
- A Panasonic Arc4 Multi-Flex(TM) pivoting head enables the men's electric shaver to glide smoothly along the individual contours of the face, chin,...
The best of the best – the top three features
MultiFit Arc Foil
Facial contours have, for many years, stumped shaver designers, however, Panasonic have trumped the competition here, as they did with this shaver’s younger brother, the Panasonic Arc3.
Not only are the heads of both these shavers fully flexible and pivoting, but the very foil is built for troubled landscapes. The MultiFit Arc Foil is built, as the name might suggest, in an arc – that fits all trouble areas. The foil is also designed so that it doesn’t hurt if pushed into the skin, resulting in a very clean and deep shave. No need to return to problem areas.
In the past, many men have been led to believe that a close shave can only be achieved with a razor blade. However, this is not the case with the Panasonic Arc4.
As with its younger brother, the Panasonic Arc3, 30-degree inner blades are loaded with nanotechnology, which cuts the hair right down at its base, achieving an extraordinarily close (yet painless) shave.
In the world of close shaves, this shaver is right on the money. Unlike the Panasonic Arc3, however, this shaver has four blades, which results in maximum comfort, quality and a reduction of shaving time.
Ultra-thin Vibrating Outer Foil
The main difference between this shaver, the Panasonic Arc4, and the lower-end version, the Arc3, is the outer foil. The clever Panasonic design team found that by added a vibrating foil to the shaver, facial hair follicles lift, resulting in a quicker, easier cut, that gets straight to the root of the hair. Not only does this ensure a cleaner, closer shave, but it also reduces the shaving time – negating the need to return to trouble areas – and it also reduces sensitivity, as the vibrations soothe the skin.
To buy or not to buy? The good and the bad
- MultiFit Arc Foil automatically fits with facial contours – even in tricky areas
- Sonic Vibration Cleaning Modes make cleaning easy
- The charging and cleaning unit is fully automated, taking over the chore of cleaning
- The nanotechnology-loaded, 30-degree, four-blade head produces a perfectly close shave
- The shaver is completely waterproof and can be used for wet or dry shaves
- The flexible, pivoting head does the contortion act instead of the user
- The pop-up trimmer provides long hair-trimming solutions
- The 10-stage blue LED indication system alerts the user in plenty of time of low battery juice
- The Ultra-thin Vibrating Outer Foil reduces sensitivity and time and increases productivity
- The two-motor drive is the world’s fastest, and vastly improves the shaving quality
- The shaver has so many features that the battery reportedly doesn’t last as long as many other shavers in the market
- Unlike the Braun Series 7 790, this shaver does require a quick rinse before it is returned to its self-cleaning dock
- The main emphasis of the design is on functionality – unlike the Remington XR1370, the aesthetic aspect of the shaver is a little less classy, a little more functional. Although it looks slightly sleeker than its younger brother, the Panasonic Arc3, this shaver still doesn’t look quite as good as many others on the market.
Panasonic Arc4 Review – The bottom line
We would definitely recommend this shaver – it performs brilliantly and is out to impress. Its design is definitely more advanced in terms of aesthetics than the Arc3, but it still looks quite functional.
However, this is largely due to the fact that it is functional – you definitely won’t be let down when you see first hand all the tricks it has up its sleeve.
The Panasonic Arc3, however, performs admirably, and is a lot cheaper than the Panasonic Arc4. It’s worth every penny of this difference in our opinion, but the Arc3 is still quite the catch in the lower-end market.
Cheaper Electric Razor Brands
As we mentioned time and time again the Panasonic brand is well worth the money in terms of quality and reliability, however we understand that not everyone is willing or able to spend the high dollar amount that Panasonic shavers command.
If you’re in the market for a good electric shaver that will not burst a whole in your pocket then we recommend you check out this post.
Last update on 2021-10-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API